How to SSH Root Login to CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server : If you just bought a new VPS or dedicated server and want to access your server via SSH then you need to make root login to server. Making root login is first thing to do when you purchase a new VPS or dedicated Server. So in this tutorial guide we are going to show “How to SSH Root Login to CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server”.
- VPS / Dedicated Server : If you want to make root login to CentOS then you must already have a VPS or a dedicated Server
- Server Hostname or Server IP : When you purchase a new VPS or dedicated server then you get a public IP or hostname for your VPS / Dedicated server
- Root Password : You must have root password of your VPS / Dedicated server in order to make ssh root login.
- Interface to Connect via SSH : An interface is required if you want to access your VPS / Dedicated server via SSH. For Linux / Mac user, there is “Terminal” which is used as Interface to access VPS / Dedicated Server via SSH and for Windows user, they need to download “Putty”
- SSH Port : SSH port will be required to make root login to VPS / Dedicated Server via SSH. The default SSH port for VPS / Dedicated Server (CentOS 7.2) is 22
How to SSH Root Login to CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server
Making SSH root login to CentOS 7.2 is really simple. All you need is to follow the simple steps given below to make root login to your CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server
You need to open
Terminal (Linux / Mac user) or
Putty (Windows User)
- For Window User : Open Putty and then Enter IP in the IP field & Enter your SSH port. The default SSH port for CentOS 7.2 is 22 and then click on Open button.
- For Mac / Linux User : If you are using Linux / Mac then you need to open Terminal and run the following command line
22.214.171.124with your CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server IP
Now you will be asked to enter the root password of your CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server. So just enter the root password and then press ENTER
If your provided root password will be correct then you will be successfully login to your CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server via SSH.
So this was all about “How to SSH Root Login to CentOS 7.2 VPS / Dedicated Server”. If this tutorial helped you then please share this tutorial with all your friends on facebook, twitter, google+ and other social platform so that other users also take help from this tutorial. For more latest Server Tutorial, you can subscribe LinuxVilla.com via Email.